Xavier Burneo is a photographer from Quito, Ecuador. Graduated from Efti School of Photography in Madrid, Attended Parsons New School of Design in New York City and the International Class at the Neue Schule für Fotografie in Berlin.
He was a resident at Studio Vortex directed by Magnum photographer Antoine D’ Agata in Arles, France 2016. Xavier was the recipient of the “Al Betrayal” award for best new documentary project at Efti Madrid in 2012.
His latest work “Alkitràn” is an ongoing black and white project about uncertainty, anxiety, confusion, emptiness and the bitterness of routine in everyday life.
- Dark Side Of Things (Efti) Curated by Miguel Oriola
- Madrid , Spain 2015
- Parsons New School – New York 2016
- Studio Vortex – Arles 2016
- Palacio Quintanar – Segovia 2017
- Neue Schule Für Fotografie – Berlin 2018
- Museo de la ciudad – Quito 2018